It was good but I would cut down the onion amount next time. The onion over powered the taste of everything else. It was still good, but could have been better. I think I will add some bacon or ham to it to give it a lift and maybe a little cheese.
Hearty Potato Soup
Bread bowls are a sandwich shop favorite for a reason. Instead of venturing out into the cold night air, fill homemade Italian Bread Bowls with chunky potato soup featuring potatoes, onions, carrot, celery, and savory seasonings.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 207
- Fat: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 365mg
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- Italian Bread Bowls
- Garnish: fresh celery leaves
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a 4 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, at HIGH 3 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir together flour and half-and-half; stir into soup. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve in Italian Bread Bowls, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note