- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 ounces dry rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes in Sauce, undrained
- 1/4 cup Hunt's Tomato Paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (3/4 cup = 3 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 cup = 4 oz)
How to Make It
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total: 50 minutes
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 8- x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Brown meat with onions in large skillet over medium-high heat while pasta is cooking, stirring occasionally to break up the meat. Drain. Add diced tomatoes with their sauce, the tomato paste, water, parsley, salt and black pepper; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Drain pasta. Add to tomato mixture along with the Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Bake 20 minutes, or until pasta mixture is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.