Really delicious oatmeal - may have added slightly more than 2tbsp. of almond milk and maple syrup to my bowl, but it is outstanding.
Hearty Oats and Grains
When you have a house full of holiday guests who'd enjoy a wholesome, hearty breakfast at their own pace, the slow cooker can come to your rescue. Get it going first thing, and let folks serve themselves when they're ready to eat.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 3 Hours, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 53.8g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 162mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups apple cider (such as Zeigler's)
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup 7-grain blend (such as Laurel Hill)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk, warmed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups sliced apple
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1. Coat the inside of a 6-quart electric slow cooker with cooking spray. Place 3 cups water and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in cooker, stirring well. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- 2. Spoon 2/3 cup oat mixture into each of 8 bowls; top each with 2 tablespoons milk, 2 teaspoons syrup, 3 tablespoons apple, and 1 tablespoon nuts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note