Hearty Mexican Stew
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 zucchini
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups uncooked quick rice
- Condiments: chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges, Monterey Jack cheese
- Sauté pork and onion in hot oil in a Dutch oven 5 minutes or until pork is lightly browned.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, and cut each half into thick slices.
- Add zucchini, 3 1/2 cups water, and next 3 ingredients to Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in rice. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Serve with desired condiments.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews