Hearty Lasagna Sauce (Crock Pot)
Need time to make Lasagna?-- You can do the sauce the night before in the Crock Pot! Includes tomato sauce, zucchini, onion, carrot, garlic, olive oil, italian spices and cut up hard sausage .... YUM!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 can(s) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can(s) chopped tomatoes
- 1 whole(s) onion diced fine
- 1 whole(s) carrot diced large
- 2 whole(s) zucchini diced large
- 3 tablespoon(s) mixed Italian spices
- 1 can(s) garbanzo beans
- 1 whole(s) dried sausage (italian spicing) diced large
- 1. Start crock pot on HIGH -- put in olive oil and garlic -- cover and cook 20 minutes until oil has been bubbling to cook the garlic.
- 2. Add crushed tomatoes, onions, carrots and mixed Italian spices. Cook on HIGH for one hour, then turn to LOW.
- 3. Stir the sauce to blend. Add diced zucchini, garbanzo beans and dried sausage (leave on top of sauce) and cover, cooking on LOW for two more hours.
- 4. Turn OFF crock pot and leave in pot overnight for next morning lasagna assembly.
- Makes two hearty, delicious layers!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lizkolster and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note