I have made this lasagna several times. It is excellent. My whole family loves it and requests it often. I have even tried it using veggie crumbles in place of the ground round and it's still excellent.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 380
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 33.4g
- Carbohydrate: 40.5g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 703mg
- Calcium: 394mg
- 3/4 pound ground round
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 ounce) finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 (15-ounce) container nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian provolone cheese
- Fresh oregano sprigs (optional)
- Cook meat in a large saucepan over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble; drain and set aside. Wipe pan with a paper towel. Coat pan with cooking spray; add the onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes. Return meat to pan. Add 2 tablespoons parsley and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, cottage cheese, and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Spread 3/4 cup tomato mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over tomato mixture; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, 2 1/4 cups tomato mixture, and 2/3 cup provolone. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread the remaining tomato mixture over noodles.
- Cover; bake at 350° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with remaining provolone; bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with oregano, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes