I tried this casserole and it was fabulous! Fit into my diet plan very nicely. My guests loved it as well. I will definitely put it into my favorites category.
Hearty Healthy Breakfast Casserole
This healthy breakfast casserole takes under 20 min to prep and the rest is up the oven. Bake for 45 min. until the cheese is hot and bubbling. Egg substitute may be used in place of the eggs.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia onion
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Fat Free Dairy Beverage
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Cheddar CHEESE
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 100% Whole Wheat Bread slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat bacon bits
- 1. Sauté diced bell pepper and chopped onion in a nonstick skillet over medium heat 4 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Whisk together bell pepper mixture, eggs, dairy beverage, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Layer bread pieces evenly in dish; pour egg mixture over bread, and sprinkle with bacon bits.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note