Great for anytime you need something that's good and quick. Can be modified to use whatever you have. I use frozen hash browns thawed in the microwave. It's still good without the mushrooms and/or bacon. If you use all the ingredients called for, it's 4 stars.
Hearty Country Cheese-and-Bacon Omelet
- 6 bacon slices
- 1 cup shiitake or white mushroom slices
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated hash browns with peppers and onions
- 1 (8-ounce) package 4-cheese blend shredded cheese, divided
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and crumble. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Sauté mushrooms in reserved drippings until tender. Add fresh spinach, and cook 3 minutes. Remove mixture from skillet.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients until frothy; stir in hash browns and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Pour into skillet, and cook over medium heat. As egg mixture starts to cook, gently lift the edges of omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath. Top with spinach mixture and tomato; cover and cook 3 more minutes or until omelet is set. Fold over in half; place on a serving plate. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This