Hearty Corn Chowder
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) butter
- 1/2 red onion chopped fine
- 1/2 pound(s) bacon cooked, drained and chopped
- 4 russet potatos peeled and chopped
- 2 can(s) yellow & white corn drained
- 2 cup(s) half & half or milk
- 1 can(s) condensed cream of chicken soup as is in can
- in a large skillet, cook bacon, place cooked bacon on paper towel, drain grease. Chop bacon once cooled.
- in same (bacon) skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. Add chopped onion, potato,drained corn, and chopped bacon, saute in butter for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- reduce heat to simmer or low, add half and half or milk, until the contents are just covered (about 2 cups). Add the cream of chicken soup, it thickens the chowder.
- Simmer uncovered for at least 1 hour. (until potatoes are cooked)
- I usually simmer this chowder for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. It can be made as described above but cooked in a crock pot on low for 4 hours if you are bringing it to a potluck.
- My kids love this chowder!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by brandylee and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note