We really like this and adapt it as I stated above! Great crock pot party food!
Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup (Swansonbroth)
- 4 piece(s) Boneless/Skinless Chicken breasts (about1 lb) cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked regular long grain white rice
- 1 can(s) whole kernal corn with red and green peppers drained
- 1 cup(s) Pace Chunky Salsa
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- Crisp Tortilla strips
- Spray a 6 quart saucepan with cooking spray (I prefer to use coconut oil whenever possible). Heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook until it's browned, stirring often. Stir the broth, cumin and rice into the pan and heat to a boil. reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes. Stir the corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice into the pan. cook until the rice is tender (I transfer it to a crock pot at this point when preparing for crowds or for take along). Top each serving with crisp tortilla strips (we usually just buy a bag of tortilla strips at the store!) To make crisp tortilla strips, heat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut 3 corn tortillas into thin strips and place them on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. We do a lot of fresh substitutions with this recipe and it works very well. It's very adaptable to what you have on had (Frozen corn and peppers, for example)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mwhorn53 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup (Swansonbroth) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews