Hearty Chicken Salad with Pomegranate & Creamy Lemon Dressing
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 5 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoon(s) plus 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh ground black pepper divided
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup(s) nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounce(s) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion cut into paper thin wedges
- 1/2 cup(s) pomegranate arils
- 1 ounce(s) shelled raw unsalted pistachios
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled, diced
- One: In a large, shallow bowl, add chicken and 3 tbsp lemon juice. Turn to coat. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt, cayenne and 1/2 tsp black pepper on all sides of chicken, dividing evenly. Set aside.
- Two: Place a ridged grill pan on medium-high heat and mist with cooking spray. Add chicken and grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. If necessary, work in batches to avoid overcrowding pan. Transfer to a cutting board and set aside until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes. Cut each chicken breast crosswise into thin slices.
- Three: Meanwhile, prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1/4 cup of lemon juice, yogurt, oil, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper. Set aside.
- Four: In a large bowl, toss spinach, onion, pomegranate and pistachios and divide among serving plates. Top with chicken and avocado and drizzle with dressing, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by apjbaglady and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hearty Chicken Salad with Pomegranate & Creamy Lemon Dressing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads