Hearty Chicken Posole Stew
Resistant starch: 1 gram
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups stew)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 303
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Sugars: 6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 743mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire- roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon diced green chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1. Heat oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- 2. Add onions and cook until soft, 6–7 minutes.
- 3. Add garlic and cook, stirring, an additional 2 minutes.
- 4. Add chicken, cumin, and oregano and cook, stirring, until just cooked through, 5 minutes.
- 5. Add broth, tomatoes, hominy, green chile, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, skimming foam from top of soup, and simmer 10 minutes, until liquid has thickened slightly.
- 6. Divide among 4 bowls and serve immediately with tortilla chips alongside, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hearty Chicken Posole Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
- PUBLICATION: Health
More Recipes Like This