Excellent..to make it easier to eat. I took the chicken off the bone and served it that way..
Hearty Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) package chicken pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (16-ounce) package linguine, cooked
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Brown the chicken pieces in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; remove chicken, and set aside.
- Add onion to the skillet, and sauté 5 minutes over medium heat, or until transparent. Add minced garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth. Add bell pepper, oregano, basil, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to skillet; cover and simmer over medium-low heat 45 minutes or until chicken is tender. Add mushrooms and wine; cook, uncovered, 40 minutes. Serve with hot cooked linguine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes