This dish was good although I had reservations at first. The sauce made with beef stock is nothing to rave about, but when you taste all the ingredients together the dish is pretty good. My husband liked it a lot. I'd make it again. The sauce for this dish made as instructed is more than enough. I added more pasta because I felt like there was to much sauce. You will have to judge that for yourself.
Hearty Beef-and-Tortellini Supper
More From Southern Living
- 1 (13-oz.) package cheese- and spinach-filled tortellini*
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (28-oz.) can tomato puree
- 1/3 cup dry red wine**
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Brown beef and chopped onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink and onions are tender.
- 3. Add 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, tomato puree, and next 4 ingredients to beef mixture in skillet. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
- 4. Add prepared tortellini to skillet, tossing to coat. Sprinkle mixture with remaining 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.
- *1 (19-oz.) package frozen cheese-filled tortellini may be substituted.
- **Beef broth may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Barilla Cheese & Spinach Tortellini.
- Hearty Turkey-and-Tortellini Supper: Substitute ground turkey for ground beef. Proceed as directed
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This