Hearty Bean soup
- 1 whole(s) onion chopped
- 5 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon(s) bacon fat (optional)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 cup(s) vegetable broth (more as needed - use leftover cabbage stew broth)
- 2 cup(s) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 whole(s) parmesean rind
- 5 whole(s) bay leaves
- 12 ounce(s) kale chopped
- 1 cup(s) dried mixed beans soaked and rinsed
- 1 cup(s) homemade veggie sauce (can substitute more broth and tomato paste)
- Par cook the beans until nearly done but still chalky
- Saute onion and garlic in fat.
- Add beans and broth, rind, bay leaves and additional seasonings if desired
- Bring to a boil
- Simmer until beans are tender
- Add frozen veggies and kale
- Continue simmering until veggies are tender and kale is wilted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Oddity123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hearty Bean soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews