I've made this several times and it is always a hit! I used navy beans instead of pinto and increased to 5 cans. I also doubled the sugar, molasses, and ketchup to make it saucier. An easy crock pot baked bean recipe!
Hearty Baked Beans
- 3 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- Cook bacon slices in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving drippings in pan.
- Sauté onion and garlic in reserved drippings until tender.
- Combine bacon slices, onion mixture, beans, and remaining ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables