- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) broiler-fryer, cut up
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 brown-and-serve sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (4-ounce) jars chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 (3-ounce) jar pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 2 cups uncooked regular rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen English peas
How to Make It
Place flour in a plastic or paper bag; add 2 or 3 pieces of chicken to bag, and shake well. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken. Heat oil in a Dutch oven; add chicken, and brown on all sides. Remove chicken, reserving oil in Dutch oven. Drain chicken on paper towels.
Sauté onion in reserved oil until tender. Add next 9 ingredients, stirring well. Place chicken pieces on top; cover and cook over medium heat 30 minutes. Stir mixture occasionally to prevent rice from sticking.
Stir in peas. Continue cooking, uncovered, 10 minutes.