Hearts of Palm Dip
"Healthy Snack Attack" by Grace Parisi. Six food-for-you recipes that satisfy a craving for something crispy and salty. A little bit of garlic, lime zest and olive oil transforms canned hearts of palm into a luscious, low-fat dip. The dip can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Recipe published in Food & Wine: March 2012.
Yield: 8 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 14-ounce can(s) hearts of palm, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) finely grated lime zest
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Plantain chips, pita chips, or flatbreads, for serving
- Using the side of a chef's knife, mash the garlic to a paste with a generous pinch of salt. Scrape the paste into a food processor. Add the hearts of palm and oil and process to medium-fine paste. Add the lime zest, season with salt and white pepper and pulse just to blend. Transfer the dip to a bowl and serve with plantain chips, pita chips or flatbreads.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes