Hearts of Palm Dip
"Healthy Snack Attack" by Grace Parisi. Six food-for-you recipes that satisfy a craving for something crispy and salty. A little bit of garlic, lime zest and olive oil transforms canned hearts of palm into a luscious, low-fat dip. The dip can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Recipe published in Food & Wine: March 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 14-ounce can(s) hearts of palm, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) finely grated lime zest
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Plantain chips, pita chips, or flatbreads, for serving
- Using the side of a chef's knife, mash the garlic to a paste with a generous pinch of salt. Scrape the paste into a food processor. Add the hearts of palm and oil and process to medium-fine paste. Add the lime zest, season with salt and white pepper and pulse just to blend. Transfer the dip to a bowl and serve with plantain chips, pita chips or flatbreads.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note