These crackers are light and delicious. Even my meat-loving family loved this vegetarian meal. The first time I made it, my crackers burned. So, the next time, I only broiled them for about one minute.
Healthy Wheat-Cracker "Nachos"
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 471
- Fat: 20.9g
- Saturated fat: 7.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 56.8g
- Fiber: 12.2g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 736mg
- Calcium: 242mg
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 6 ounces reduced-fat wheat crackers (such as Triscuit)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium mild green salsa
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1 cup chopped peeled avocado
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Arrange corn in a single layer on a heavy-duty baking sheet; broil 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once.
- 3. Arrange crackers in a single layer on a baking sheet; top evenly with cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crackers are lightly toasted. Divide crackers evenly among 4 plates. Combine salsa, cream cheese, and beans in a food processor. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt to salsa mixture; pulse until mixture is chunky and well blended.
- 4. Arrange 1/2 cup lettuce over each serving, and top each with about 6 tablespoons bean mixture, 1/4 cup corn, 1/4 cup tomato, and 1/4 cup avocado. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes