- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 6 ounces reduced-fat wheat crackers (such as Triscuit)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium mild green salsa
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1 cup chopped peeled avocado
- calories 471
- fat 20.9 g
- satfat 7.3 g
- monofat 7.7 g
- polyfat 3.9 g
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 56.8 g
- fiber 12.2 g
- cholesterol 32 mg
- iron 3.5 mg
- sodium 736 mg
- calcium 242 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Arrange corn in a single layer on a heavy-duty baking sheet; broil 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once.
Arrange crackers in a single layer on a baking sheet; top evenly with cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crackers are lightly toasted. Divide crackers evenly among 4 plates. Combine salsa, cream cheese, and beans in a food processor. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt to salsa mixture; pulse until mixture is chunky and well blended.
Arrange 1/2 cup lettuce over each serving, and top each with about 6 tablespoons bean mixture, 1/4 cup corn, 1/4 cup tomato, and 1/4 cup avocado. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.