Healthy Veggie Quiche
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 173
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 215mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 1 store-bought frozen pastry shell, such as Wholly Wholesome brand
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (5-ounce) package prewashed fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) package assorted mushrooms
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan (about 3 ounces), divided
- 1 cup plain soy milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake pastry shell for 10–12 minutes or until browned. Remove shell from oven, and set aside. Leave oven on.
- 2. Heat 1 1/4 teaspoons oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet; add shallots. Add spinach, and cook 2–3 minutes or until wilted. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper. Transfer to a plate; set aside
- 3. Using the same pan, heat remaining oil, and cook mushrooms about 6 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove from heat. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 4. Sprinkle 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese over bottom of pastry crust. Top with spinach and mushrooms.
- 5. In a separate bowl, whisk together soy milk with egg and egg whites. Pour into shell. Top with remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan, and bake for 45–50 minutes or until top is firm and golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch