Healthy Sweet Potato Skins
Community Recipe from
- 2 large sweet potatoes baked
- 1 bunch(es) green onions chopped
- 1 bag(s) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup(s) light sour cream
- 2 ounce(s) light cream cheese
- 1 cup(s) chickpeas
- 1/4 cup(s) mozzarella cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.Bake sweet potatoes at 350 for 45-60 minutes, or until fork tender.
- 2.Cut sweet potatoes in half and let cool for 5-10 minutes. While sweet potatoes are cooling, saute the shallots with the butter over medium heat until translucent. Add fresh spinach and heat for 2-3 minutes, until spinach has cooked down. Set aside.
- 3.Scrape the sweet potato out of the peel, leaving a thin layer inside with the peel so that it can stand up on its own. Mash the sweet potato with the cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in chickpeas, spinach, and salt and pepper.
- 4.Coat potato skins with a drizzle of oil and bake for about 5 minutes to get a crispier outside. Remove from oven and fill each skin with the sweet potato mixture and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake again for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Healthy Sweet Potato Skins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes