HEALTHY SHREDDED CHICKEN BURRITO BOWL
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) chicken breasts Shredded
- 3 cup(s) brown rice Cooked
- 1 whole(s) lime Juiced
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 can(s) black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 whole(s) avocados lightly mashed
- 3/4 cup(s) salsa
- 1/2 cup(s) plain Greek yogurt
- 4 whole(s) jalapeno peppers chopped and seeded
- cheddar cheese shredded
- fresh corn
- tomatoes chopped
- 1.)First, prepare your chicken: Leftover chicken (whether a whole roasted chicken, or individual chicken breasts, legs, or thighs) works so great for this dish (and cuts down on prep time). If you're working with fresh chicken, I recommend using two medium-sized chicken breasts. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Season the meat with a pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper, and cook for 20-30 minutes, flipping each breast halfway through. Remove the chicken from the oven, and use two forks to shred the meat. Set aside.
- 2.)Stir lime juice and fresh cilantro into the cooked rice. (Leftover rice works great for this, too!)
- 3.)To prepare the burrito bowl, divide the rice between four shallow bowls and top with black beans. Next, pile high with shredded chicken. Add a layer of mashed avocado. Top with salsa and Greek yogurt. Garnish with chopped cilantro and any additional toppings you choose.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Joannaep and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
HEALTHY SHREDDED CHICKEN BURRITO BOWL Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes