Healthy Recipes Ginger Shrimp Skewers
Community Recipe from
- 16 shrimp, large in shells
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) orange peel
- 3 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) vinegar, white wine
- 1 teaspoon(s) oil, toasted sesame
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger, fresh, grated or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper, cayenne
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 16 pea pods, fresh
- 8 mandarin oranges, canned, sections
- soy sauce, less sodium
- Marinate 1 to 2 hours.
- 1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact (if desired). In a large saucepan, bring the water to boiling. Add the shrimp. Cover and simmer for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Drain. Rinse shrimp with cold water; drain.
- 2. Place shrimp in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow bowl. Add the orange peel, orange juice, vinegar, oil, ginger, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic to bag. Seal bag; turn to coat shrimp. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours.
- 3. Place pea pods in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam for 2 to 3 minutes or just until tender. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- 4. Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. Wrap each shrimp with a pea pod. On each of eight 6-inch skewers, thread 2 wrapped shrimp and 1 mandarin orange section. If desired, serve with soy sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Judi55 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes