Healthy Recipes Ginger Shrimp Skewers
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 16 shrimp, large in shells
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) orange peel
- 3 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) vinegar, white wine
- 1 teaspoon(s) oil, toasted sesame
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger, fresh, grated or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper, cayenne
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 16 pea pods, fresh
- 8 mandarin oranges, canned, sections
- soy sauce, less sodium
- Marinate 1 to 2 hours.
- 1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact (if desired). In a large saucepan, bring the water to boiling. Add the shrimp. Cover and simmer for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Drain. Rinse shrimp with cold water; drain.
- 2. Place shrimp in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow bowl. Add the orange peel, orange juice, vinegar, oil, ginger, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic to bag. Seal bag; turn to coat shrimp. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours.
- 3. Place pea pods in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam for 2 to 3 minutes or just until tender. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- 4. Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. Wrap each shrimp with a pea pod. On each of eight 6-inch skewers, thread 2 wrapped shrimp and 1 mandarin orange section. If desired, serve with soy sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Judi55 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note