Healthy Greek Kabobs ♥
So i love grilled foods in the summertime, why not keep it healthy but still savory? These Greek Kabobs are great! I love the little Greek store in my area where I can get fresh feta! enjoy!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 24 whole(s) cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounce(s) feta cheese
- 12 kalmata olives
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 teaspoon(s) oregano leaves
- •2 teaspoons lemon juice
- •2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- •2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- •2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- •Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Time to assemble!
- For the Skewers: Thread the skewers starting with a tomato, then a piece of feta cheese, an olive, a piece of onion and finish with another tomato. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. TIP feta tends to crumble before you can skewer it. An easy solution: pop the block in your freezer for 30 minutes before chopping it up. You still have to be careful when you stick the pieces, but the cheese should hold its shape much better.
- For the Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar and oregano. Whisk in the olive oil until the mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange the skewers on a serving platter. Spoon the vinaigrette over the skewers and sprinkle with the chopped oregano. enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by europeancutie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note