Healthy Eggplant Parmesan
Healthier version of the classic dish via RhodeyGirl Tests
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 large eggplant, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1 large can san marzano crushed tomatoes
- 1/2-1 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- kosher salt to taste
- 1. Lightly salt the eggplant and layer it between paper towels. Lay something heavy over the eggplant. After it has been resting for about 20 minutes heat up a grill pan or your grill. When the pan is hot brush each piece of eggplant with the oil and place on the grill. Flip after 4 minutes and remove when grilled well. Repeat until all of the eggplant has been grilled.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spoon some of the crushed tomatoes in a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Add a layer of eggplant, a layer of fresh mozzarella, and a bit of freshly grated parmigiano reggiano. Repeat until all of the eggplant has been used. Add some extra parmigiano reggiano to the top layer and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy alone or over pasta with sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by scargosun and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note