Healthy Egg Salad
Healthy egg salad - without the mayo and without the guilt! Nutrition score per serving: 173 calories, 52% fat (10 g; 2 g saturated fat), 11% carbs (5 g), 39% protein (17 g), 2 g fiber, 29 mg calcium, 1 mg iron, 327 mg sodium
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 whole(s) extra-large eggs hard-boiled
- 1 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) almonds slivered
- 1 pinch(s) black pepper ground
- Egg Salad
- Serves: 1
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon of whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of slivered almonds
- Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- Armenian low-carb flatbread (optional)
- 1. Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, turn off the heat, cover the pot and let it sit on the hot burner for 8 minutes.
- 2. Remove from stove, drain water and run cold water over eggs. Peel eggs, discarding two of the yolks. Place the whole egg and the two whites in a bowl.
- 3. Mash with a fork. Add the celery, parsley, mustard, almonds and pepper and mix.
- 4. Eat as is or serve on a piece of flatbread.
- Nutrition score per serving: 173 calories, 52% fat (10 g; 2 g saturated fat), 11% carbs (5 g), 39% protein (17 g), 2 g fiber, 29 mg calcium, 1 mg iron, 327 mg sodium
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Molly15098 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note