Healthy Chili-Cheese Dogs
Your kids will flip for these Healthy Chili-Cheese Dogs! Uncured hot dogs cost a few dollars more than regular ones, but they're worth it. They are lower in fat and sodium and free of nitrites.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Sodium: 1192mg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15-oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt, optional
- 8 uncured turkey or chicken hot dogs
- 8 whole-wheat hot dog buns, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar
- 1. Warm oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and chili powder and sauté 30 seconds. Stir in tomato sauce and beans and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt, if desired.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add hot dogs and boil 5 minutes. Drain well, place on buns, top with chili and cheese, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note