Healthy Chicken Pot Pie
Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) green beans diced
- 1/2 cup(s) carrots diced
- 1/4 cup(s) onion diced
- 1 cup(s) corn
- 1 cup(s) peas
- 1 1/4 pound(s) chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) thyme
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- a pinch(s) parsley
- 1 package(s) phyllo dough
- 1 stick(s) butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. (If you are using phyllo dough for crust, this is a good time take it out and let it defrost at room temp.)
- Put chicken broth in a pot at medium heat. Add green beans, carrots, onion, corn, and peas to broth. Cover and let sit for about 6 minutes. Add chicken (in large chunks) to broth. Cover and let sit for 5 mins or until chicken fully cooked.
- Remove broth from heat and take chicken and vegetables out using a slotted spoon. Shred chicken as desired.
- Put broth back on medium heat. Mix together flour and milk completely. Add milk/flour mixture to the broth and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, vegetables, and spices to broth. Stir and remove from heat. Fill 10 ramekins with filling.
- Cut the phyllo dough into a proper size to cover the top of the ramekins. In between every other layer of phyllo brush of a little but of butter. On top of crust brush some butter on and top with herb of choice (I used parsley).
- Place ramekins on tray that is covered with aluminum foil (to catch fallout). Cook for 10-15* mins and let cool! yay done!
- *Cooking time my vary depending on what crust you decide to use
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AliciaRB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries
More Recipes for Main Dishes