Healthy Bloomin Onion
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 Large sweet onions Cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup(s) Bread crumbs
- 2 Egg whites Lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- Preheat the oven to 375. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Peel the skin from the onions and trim the bottoms so that the onions sit flat. Cut the onion into wedges; making sure you dont cut all the way down to the bottom by cutting only three-quarters into the onion for a “flower” effect. I cut out about an inch circle from the center of the onion so there was a place to hold the sauce.
- Transfer to the baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder and paprika. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites lightly with a fork. Pour the whites over the onion to cover thoroughly and then sprinkle evenly with the seasoned crumbs. Spray lightly with olive oil spray and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the onions are lightly browned. Place sauce in center of the onion. Serve immediately.
- 1/2 c low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons creamy horseradish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Shirlig and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note