Healthy Black Bean-Hominy Chili
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 quart(s) vegetable broth
- 14.5 ounce(s) petite-diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper any color diced
- 3 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground oregano
- 2- 15.5 ounce(s) black beans drained
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- Microwave broth and tomatoes for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers, saute until soft and golden brown about 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin and oregano, saute until fragrant about a minute or so. Add beans and hominy along with hot broth mixture. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered until vegetables are tender and flavors have blended about 20 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, chocolate and cilantro and simmer a couple minutes to blend flavors.
- Turn off heat and let stand a few minutes if there's time.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Healthy Black Bean-Hominy Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews