Healthy Bean soup with kale
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 8 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 whole(s) medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 cup(s) raw kale chopped
- 4 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth divided
- 2 can(s) cannellini beans or navy beans undrained and divided
- 3 cup(s) carrots sliced
- 28 ounce(s) diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon(s) italian herb seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup(s) parsley chopped
- parmesan cheese shredded
- In a large pot, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and onion; saute until soft and the onion is transparent.
- Wash the kale, leaving small droplets of water. Saute, stirring, until wilted and a lovely emerald green, about 15 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of the broth, reserving 1 cup, 2 cups of the beans, reserving 1 cup, all of the carrots, tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, mix the reserved beans and broth until smooth.
- Stir into the soup to thicken it nicely.
- Simmer 15 more minutes.
- Ladle into bowls; sprinkle with chopped parsley and shredded parmesan.
- Serve with a nice loaf of crusty bread to soak up all the yummy broth!
- For Vegetarian use the vegetable broth.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by WMB0109 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes