Healthy Bean soup with kale
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 8 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 whole(s) medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 cup(s) raw kale chopped
- 4 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth divided
- 2 can(s) cannellini beans or navy beans undrained and divided
- 3 cup(s) carrots sliced
- 28 ounce(s) diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon(s) italian herb seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup(s) parsley chopped
- parmesan cheese shredded
- In a large pot, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and onion; saute until soft and the onion is transparent.
- Wash the kale, leaving small droplets of water. Saute, stirring, until wilted and a lovely emerald green, about 15 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of the broth, reserving 1 cup, 2 cups of the beans, reserving 1 cup, all of the carrots, tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, mix the reserved beans and broth until smooth.
- Stir into the soup to thicken it nicely.
- Simmer 15 more minutes.
- Ladle into bowls; sprinkle with chopped parsley and shredded parmesan.
- Serve with a nice loaf of crusty bread to soak up all the yummy broth!
- For Vegetarian use the vegetable broth.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by WMB0109 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note