Fantastic flavor. Very rich tasting. I would give a 5 star but had trouble dipping the balls in the chocolate coating..It was messy and frustrating. However, I would definitely attempt again because I had so much positive feedback about how delicious they were.
Sweeten the holidays with homemade candy. Share edible gifts wrapped in festive boxes or bags.
Yield: About 2 dozen
Cost per Serving: $.34
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 174
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 34mg
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 1/4 pounds milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread nuts on a baking sheet; toast for 10 minutes. Wrap nuts in a kitchen towel and let cool for 5 minutes. Rub nuts in towel to remove skins. Finely chop nuts.
- Place 1/2 lb. chocolate in a saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in cream, chocolate-hazelnut spread and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Let cool until thick enough to scoop with a spoon, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Scoop 1 Tbsp. cooled mixture and roll between palms to form a 1-inch ball. Place on sheet. Repeat with remaining chocolate mixture. Refrigerate.
- Place half of remaining chocolate in a saucepan and cook, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat and add remaining chocolate. Stir occasionally until smooth.
- Set a chocolate ball on a fork and dip into melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip into bowl. Return ball to baking sheet. Repeat. Sprinkle balls with remaining hazelnuts. Let stand at room temperature or refrigerate until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts