Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: Makes 3 dozen
- 3 dozen hazelnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut liqueur
- 1 (6-ounce) package white chocolate baking squares
- 2 (2-ounce) chocolate candy coating squares
- Bake hazelnuts in a shallow pan at 350°, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Microwave morsels and whipping cream in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until morsels melt, stirring twice. Stir in liqueur. Pour into a wax paper-lined 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan; freeze 2 hours or until firm to touch.
- Shape 1/2 teaspoon chocolate mixture around each hazelnut, coating completely, and place on wax paper.
- Microwave white chocolate baking squares in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice. Coat plastic candy molds with a thin layer of white chocolate using a small paintbrush; let stand 1 hour or until firm. Place coated hazelnuts in molds; brush with remaining white chocolate, sealing to edges of molds. Let stand at room temperature 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
- Invert molds; tap firmly on cutting board to remove candy.
- Microwave coating in a 1-cup glass measuring cup 1 minute or until melted, stirring once. Pour into a small heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag; drizzle over truffles. Let stand until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hazelnut Truffles Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts