Followed this recipe pretty thoroughly and found that this hummus lacked moisture and flavor. I used the toasted hazelnuts and ended up putting in LOTS of salt and pepper and at least double of the water, oil and lemon juice the recipe called for. In the end, I thought it tasted poorly and found that it was barely touched at a party I brought it to. Definitely would not make again.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 42
- Calories from fat: 81%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 1.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 14mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts (about 4 oz.; see below) or 1/4 cup hazelnut butter
- 1 can (14 oz.) garbanzos, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut oil (optional)
- To toast the hazelnuts, bake in a 375° oven until golden under skins (break one to test), 10 to 15 minutes. When cool enough to handle, rub in a kitchen towel to remove as many skins as possible.
- In a food processor, whirl hazelnuts until smooth. Add garbanzos, olive oil, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice, and whirl again until smooth. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to thin to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with hazelnut oil, if desired.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers