- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts (about 4 oz.; see below) or 1/4 cup hazelnut butter
- 1 can (14 oz.) garbanzos, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut oil (optional)
- calories 42
- caloriesfromfat 81 %
- protein 0.9 g
- fat 3.8 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- carbohydrate 1.9 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- sodium 14 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
To toast the hazelnuts, bake in a 375° oven until golden under skins (break one to test), 10 to 15 minutes. When cool enough to handle, rub in a kitchen towel to remove as many skins as possible.
In a food processor, whirl hazelnuts until smooth. Add garbanzos, olive oil, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice, and whirl again until smooth. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to thin to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with hazelnut oil, if desired.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per tablespoon.