Hazelnut Gnocchi with Sage Glaze
The combination of hazelnut meal and Yukon gold potatoes gives these gnocchi rich flavor ideal with roasted chicken or pork. Serve with sautéed spinach.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 10 gnocchi)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 156
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24.5g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 298mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces), divided
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 gallon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare gnocchi, combine 1/4 cup water and potatoes in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave at HIGH 10 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes; mash potatoes with a potato masher. Cool 5 minutes.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine potatoes, 3/4 cup flour, hazelnut meal, and next 3 ingredients (through egg yolk); mix well. Knead until smooth (about 2 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 12-inch-long rope. Cut each rope into 20 pieces; roll each piece into a ball. Working with one dough piece at a time (cover remaining dough to prevent drying), using your thumb, roll dough piece down the tines of a lightly floured fork (gnocchi will have ridges on one side and an indention on the other). Place gnocchi on a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Bring 1 gallon water to a boil in a large stockpot.
- To prepare glaze, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 minced garlic clove to pan; cook 30 seconds. Add broth; bring to a boil. Stir in sage, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Add half of gnocchi to boiling water; cook 3 minutes or until done (gnocchi will rise to the surface). Remove cooked gnocchi with a slotted spoon; place in a colander. Repeat procedure with remaining uncooked gnocchi. Serve drizzled with warm glaze.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables