Photo: Petrina Tinslay
More From Food & Wine
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 6 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons whole cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup salted roasted pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the hazelnuts in a pie plate and toast for 12 minutes, until fragrant and the skins blister. Transfer the hazelnuts to a kitchen towel and let cool. Rub the nuts together to remove the skins and transfer to a food processor.
- In a medium skillet, toast the coriander and cumin seeds over moderate heat, shaking the pan, until golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Spread the spices out on a plate and let cool completely, then finely grind in a spice grinder. In the same skillet, toast the sesame seeds over moderate heat until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the sesame seeds to the plate to cool. Add the coriander, cumin, sesame seeds and thyme to the food processor along with the pistachios, cayenne and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and pulse until finely ground. Transfer the dukka to a bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note