I used Half-n-Half, instead of heavy cream, regular breadcrumbs and almonds, pistachios and pinenuts toasted. It was absolutely fabulous!
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Judy Feagin
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of grated or ground nutmeg
- 1 pound sea or bay scallops, drained
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- Hot cooked pasta
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet. Stir in wine and next 5 ingredients. Add scallops, turning to coat. Remove from heat.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small bowl in the microwave, and stir in panko and nuts. Sprinkle mixture over scallops. Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve with hot cooked pasta. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This