- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of grated or ground nutmeg
- 1 pound sea or bay scallops, drained
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- Hot cooked pasta
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet. Stir in wine and next 5 ingredients. Add scallops, turning to coat. Remove from heat.
Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small bowl in the microwave, and stir in panko and nuts. Sprinkle mixture over scallops. Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve with hot cooked pasta. Garnish, if desired.