Hazelnut-crusted Goat Cheese with Mixed Greens and Blackberry Vinaigrette
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup ground toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (4-ounce) package garlic and herb goat cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 3 cups baby lettuces
- Blackberry Vinaigrette
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dip cheese slices in egg whites, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 goat cheese slices; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Remove cheese from pan, and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and cheese.
- Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top each with 2 goat cheese rounds, and drizzle with Blackberry Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads