Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 (13-ounce) jar chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups finely chopped hazelnuts
- Sifted powdered sugar
- Bake 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts in a shallow pan at 350° for 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- Beat chocolate-hazelnut spread and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to chocolate-hazelnut mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in toasted hazelnuts.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in finely chopped hazelnuts, and then in powdered sugar. Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts