Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 222
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 4.8g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 130mg
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- 1 cup hazelnut flour* (also called hazelnut meal)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup hazelnut butter*
- 1 cup hazelnut milk*
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons roughly chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, and salt.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together hazelnut butter, hazelnut milk, eggs, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, brown sugar, and honey until blended.
- 3. Gently fold flour mixture into wet ingredients until just combined. Divide mixture evenly among 18 paper-lined muffin cups and sprinkle 1 tsp. chopped hazelnuts over each muffin. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- *Hazelnut flour, milk, and butter are sold at many Whole Foods Markets and some health food stores. Other nut flours, milks, and butters, such as almond, can be substituted.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per muffin.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch