Hazelnut Breakfast Sausages
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 2.2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 282mg
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 3 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur, such as Frangelico
- 1 tablespoon honey
- About 1 tbsp. coarse kosher salt
- About 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mace
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spread hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake until toasted and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Wrap toasted nuts in a cloth and rub to remove as much skin as possible. Let cool. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until nuts resemble coarse cornmeal.
- 2. Break pork into small chunks and put in a large bowl. Sprinkle ground hazelnuts, parsley, hazelnut liqueur, honey, salt, pepper, and mace over the pork. Using your hands, gently mix all ingredients together.
- 3. To check seasoning, cook a small amount of sausage in a frying pan over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through. Taste, then season pork mixture with more salt or pepper as desired.
- 4. Scoop out 1/4-cup portions of sausage mixture and form into 3-in.-wide patties. Working in batches, cook patties in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip patties, reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover, and fry until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per patty.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch