Overall it was good, I don't know that I would fix it again. The sauce was really over whelming and I couldn't really taste the burger underneath. I didn't think I put that much on to begin with, but maybe even less will work better. I used ground chicken (that's what was on sale) and the burger tasted really good with a little of the sauce and some onions in there. The cooking time was off and I had to finish them in the oven.
Hawaiian Turkey Burgers With Pineapple-Papaya Sauce
A simple, four-ingredient sauce elevates this burger from pretty good to perfect. After eating this burger, you'll dream of luaus.
More From Health
- Calories: 429
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 59g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 593mg
- Calcium: 82mg
- Pineapple-Papaya Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 3 tablespoons fresh papaya, finely diced
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 thin slices fresh pineapple (optional)
- 4 whole-grain hamburger rolls, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 1. For sauce, combine all ingredients in saucepan. Cook, stirring over moderate heat until sauce boils; simmer 10 minutes.
- 2. Preheat grill.
- 3. For burgers, mix ground turkey, breadcrumbs, onion, cayenne, sugar, and 1/3 cup sauce in a bowl until just combined. Form into 4 (1-inch) patties.
- 4. Brush burgers with oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat, turning once, about 6 minutes per side. Baste with sauce, and grill 2 minutes more; transfer to plate. If desired, grill pineapple slices 2 minutes per side; transfer to plate.
- 5. Place burgers on rolls, and spoon on remaining Pineapple-Papaya Sauce. Top with pineapple slice (if desired), lettuce, tomato, and onion slices (if desired).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine