- 1 (8 1/4-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1 (6-ounce) package chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- calories 311
- fat 6.3 g
- cholesterol 67 mg
- sodium 552 mg
How to Make It
Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set aside.
Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chopped bell peppers, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in 2/3 cup hot water and seasoning packet from stuffing mix. Stir in stuffing mix and pineapple. Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing mixture onto each chicken breast; roll up, securing with wooden picks, and place into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
Stir together reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar,and grated ginger; drizzle evenly over chicken.
Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.