This is the best gravy recipe... very easy. I learned quickly that it needs to be AT LEAST doubled because family and friends LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! This with the Hawaiian-Portuguese Smoked Turkey recipe is the only Thanksgiving turkey we eat any more!!!
Hawaiian-Portuguese Turkey Gravy
The soy sauce in the turkey marinade turns this gravy an appetizing deep brown color. Prep and Cook Time: about 20 minutes.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups; 16 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 61
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Protein: 1.3g
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 3.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 423mg
- Cholesterol: 4.9mg
- 6 tablespoons turkey fat (skimmed from cooked marinade of Hawaiian-Portuguese Smoked Turkey) or 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup defatted cooked marinade from Hawaiian-Portuguese Smoked Turkey, strained
- Heat fat or butter in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat and whisk in flour. Cook, whisking, until roux is nut brown, 10 minutes. Whisk in 4 cups chicken broth and marinade (if thick, add 1/2 cup broth). Serve hot.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments