- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- calories 482
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- protein 28 g
- fat 20 g
- satfat 6.8 g
- carbohydrate 47 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- sodium 886 mg
- cholesterol 80 mg
How to Make It
Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium heat (350° to 450°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 5 to 7 seconds). In a small bowl, combine pineapple, barbecue sauce, and soy sauce. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine pork, bread crumbs, onion, ginger, brown sugar, cayenne, and salt. Shape mixture into 4 patties. Cook, turning once, until slightly charred and cooked the way you like them, about 7 minutes total for medium.
Put each burger on a muffin half. Top each with 2 basil leaves, about 2 tbsp. sauce, and the muffin top.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per burger.