I totally loved this and will keep this recipe as my Hawaiian Pizza go to recipe!
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Elizabeth Blake
More From Allyou
Preheat: 45 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Sodium: 728mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 slices Canadian bacon (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 2 ounces fresh pineapple, sliced 1/4-inch thick, cut into bite-size pieces
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 Pizza Dough or
- 1 Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 small scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Place oven rack on lowest shelf. If you have a stone, place it on rack. Preheat oven to 550°F, or your oven's highest temperature, for 45 minutes.
- 2. Warm a grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle 1 tsp. oil into pan. Add Canadian bacon and pineapple. Grill until meat and fruit are lightly marked on one side, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut meat into bite-size pieces.
- 3. Dust a 14-inch-wide peel with cornmeal, then flatten dough on top. Using lightly floured fingers or a floured rolling pin, stretch dough into a 13- to 14-inch round. (Sprinkle peel with more cornmeal if necessary to make sure crust slides around easily on peel.) Brush remaining 2 tsp. oil over crust.
- 4. Sprinkle half of cheese over crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange Canadian bacon, pineapple, remaining cheese and half of scallions on top.
- 5. Carefully slide pizza onto stone. Bake until crust is slightly charred on top and golden on bottom (lift an edge to check) and cheese has melted, about 8 minutes. Using peel, transfer pizza to a cutting board. Sprinkle remaining scallions over pizza. Let rest for a minute or 2, then slice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note