Hawaiian Oven Kalua Pork
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) Hawaiian Salt
- 1/4 cup(s) Shoyu
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 clove(s) Garlic Crushed
- 1 piece(s) Ginger 1" - Crushed
- 12 piece(s) Ti leaves Large
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Liquid Smoke
- 5 pound(s) Pork Roast
- In a small bowl combine salt, shoyu, Worcestershire sauce, garlic & ginger. Wash Ti leaves; remove fibrous part of the veins. Line a 13x9x2 pan with Ti leaves radiating from center extending about 10" out of pan. Place roast in center of leaves; rub with shoyu mixture & liquid smoke. Fold leaves over top of roast & secure with string. Place a piece of foil over top of pan and crimp to the edges of pan. Roast at 375 degrees for 5 hours. Serve pork shredded. If desired, add sweet potatoes the last 1.5 hours of cooking & baking bananas the last half hour.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by revpanthera and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note